I I I I I I

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Artist in Residence

I spent a week in June doing an artist residency at the York Sunbury Museum. I do this residency every summer and i quite enjoy being out in the publics eye working on what clay project it is i am working on. This year i decided to design platter forms out of insulation board. The space for it was perfect! It is quite a messy project, as you have to cut away carefully and methodically the form you are looking for and then i use a sureform tool to give it even more shape (very messy!) and then I use sand paper to smooth it all down (again very dusty and messy). I have been meaning to work on this project for quite some time now, but can never justify putting the time into it as it is quite time consuming.


This is the wonderful museum in Fredericton's Downtown



My little nook for the week




Supplies: sureform, utility knife, extra blades, insulation board and painters tape




Forms ready to be shaped



Forms being shaped,
I will post pictures of the finished pieces when they are ready


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home